Location: Manchaca, TX (just south of Austin)
Marbridge currently has an exciting job opportunity to hire a Vice President of Development. The VP of Development reports to the President and serves as a member of the Senior Management Team. The VP of Development works with a team to advance all areas of support and donor relations for Marbridge, focusing on relationship building with individuals, foundations, and corporations through special events, cultivation, and other development activitie
This position is responsible for the overall implementation of the Benevon fundraising model, which is the primary method of fundraising and donor cultivation. As a participant in Benevon, the affiliate’s goal is to create a culture of philanthropy with donor cultivation, major gifts and a legacy of funding that outlasts the lives and tenure of any one individual or group. A strong passion for individuals with intellectual challenges and the mission of Marbridge is crucial.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, engage and develop existing relationships and seek financial support from new prospects according to goals in the Development Plan.
- Conduct research and develop relationships with current and prospective corporate and individual donors.
- Maintain and manage pipeline activities and cultivation calendar to determine cultivation levels for all donors.
- Design and implement the annual giving campaign by utilizing the Benevon fundraising model to increase both the amount of funds raised each year and the number of donors.
- Develop and direct the capital campaign. Review current planning for the initial and ongoing capital campaign to support the Master Architectural Plan.
- Develop and implement strategies to meet the department’s annual budget goals.
- Travel to cultivate and seek financial support.
- Oversee fundraising events throughout the year.
- Develop and seek sponsorship opportunities and ensure adequate recognition.
- Assist with post-event follow-up, evaluation and recognition for all events.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive marketing program to support the corporate strategic plan. Responsible for managing and directing all Marbridge internal and external communications such as: the Marbridge LIFE quarterly publication, Marbridge LIFE lines, Marbridge website and articles to ensure proper branding. In collaboration with the marketing consultant, develop and maintain the Marbridge Marketing Standards.
- Recruit, train, and retain skilled and experienced employees on the Development team.
- Establish and maintain good customer relationships with residents, families and donors. Encourage open communication between families, residents, donors and directors and act as liaison as needed to support the needs of the residents while also maintaining the policies of Marbridge
Education, Experience & Skills Required
Candidates that have the proven ability to independently manage multiple activities and initiatives are a plus. Applicants must be customer relationship driven and have demonstrated ability and prior experience in creating marketing ideas and approving materials that are consistent with the organization’s branding. Other specific qualifications should include:
- BA Degree in Business, Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or other similar field required.
- A minimum of five years’ experience with fundraising, event planning, marketing or public relations, preferably with a nonprofit organization.
- Strong computer proficiency with all MS Office suite products, especially MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, database applications and fundraising software.
- Must have at least 5 years of fundraising experience, event planning, marketing or public relations, preferably within a nonprofit organization.
- Strong written communication; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals, as well as copy edit for clarity and grammatical accuracy.
- Must have the ability to work with deadlines and understand budgets.
- Proven successful experience in fundraising more than $1 million dollars annually.
- Ability to monitor and meet metrics and goals.
Work schedule to be determined by supervisor. Occasionally called upon to work different days, evenings or odd schedules. Must be flexible to travel out of town for recruiting events, company events, or development events. Works is an office setting; provides campus tours to visitors. The Vice President of Development position is an active position requiring travel on a regular basis.