Location:Manchaca, TX (South of Austin)
Marbridge currently has an exciting job opportunity to hire a contract Grant Writer . The Grant Writer is a vital component to the health and well-being of the Marbridge Foundation – providing support and collaboration with the Development department in order to achieve yearly fundraising goals.
The Grant Writer is a CONTRACT position which allows the candidate the ability to work from home with the flexibility to work at the Marbridge Foundation as needed.
The Grant Writer reports directly to the Director of Development and is responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing and new grant funded projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting the full range of duties required to research, prepare, submit and manage grant proposals to public and private grant sources.
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to identify potential sources of funding and evaluate prospects.
- Work directly with VP of Development, Director of Development and Accounting for necessary information needed or required for each grant submittal.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Develop a thorough and passionate understanding of the Marbridge history and programs/services offered by the organization.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting. Work with Director of Development to implement and maintain a thorough and efficient grant system.
- A goal of 10-15 submitted grants is expected within six months. Grant Writer will submit a written list of sources and obtain Marbridge’s permission, prior to the pursuit of any funds from the source on behalf of Marbridge with subsequent grant proposal or application.
- Provide monthly progress reporting to supervisor.
- Assist with other periodic fundraising projects as requested.
Education, Experience & Skills Required
Candidates that have the proven ability to independently manage multiple activities and initiatives are a plus. Applicants must be customer relationship driven and have demonstrated ability and prior experience in successful grant writing. Other specific qualifications should include:
- BA Degree in Communications, English, writing or other similar field preferred.
- A minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing, including grants over $100,000 within a nonprofit organization.
- Strong computer proficiency with all MS Office suite products, especially MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, database applications and fundraising software.
- Strong written communication; ability to write clear, structured, articulate and persuasive proposals, as well as copy edit for clarity and grammatical accuracy.
- Customer oriented, enthusiastic and self motivated
- Proven successful experience in grant writing
- Attention to detail and exceptional writing and editing skills
- Candidate needs to be self-motivated and a strong commitment to meeting deadlines.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments.
- Ability to monitor and meet metrics and goals.